This post is written by our amazing ambassador Iona
Start preparing for summer with these five simple tips for improving your diet without the restrictive nature of dieting!
1. PREPARE YOUR FOOD – tupperware should be your new best friend. If you have prepared good and nutritious food you’re less likely to be tempted and stray off track. For example with your morning oats. There are tonnes of ways to make your oats interesting - try adding protein, carrots or even zucchini!
2. CUT BACK ON SUGAR – this is the hardest one for me as I have a sweet tooth! This doesn’t just mean a packet of sweets or a chocolate bar, sugar is often hiding where we least expect it so try and stay away from pre-packaged foods (check out the sugar content in your cereal and shop-bought smoothies) and go for un-processed stuff where possible.
3. CHOOSE A HIGH PROTEIN DIET – choose foods like lean meats, fish, tofu and pulses are a great basis for meals and balance them out with healthy fats, tonnes veggies and a dose of good carbs. This can also be applied when eating out.
4. WATCH YOUR ALCOHOL – try and stay away from pre-made sugary drinks and cocktails, limit the wine and beer and instead make your own! Try a spirit with a light mixer or even my favourite – vodka with blackcurrent and water, it’s just like squash. But a little bit naughty! ;)
5. BUT DRINK ALL OF THE WATER – well maybe not all! But at least 2 litres a day. It's super important to keep you hydrated, flush out any toxins and keep your skin looking great, particularly in hot weather.
Try these simple steps and you'll feel the difference in your energy in just a few days!